Reconnection loop on latest git master

Nick B nickberry17 at icloud.com
Wed Dec 5 20:39:10 UTC 2018

Good day,

I am testing the latest git masters for libqmi and Modem Manager on OpenWrt and observed some odd behavior that I cannot make heads or tails of.  I am seeing an issue where the connection is in a roughly two-second-long loop of connecting and immediately disconnecting.  It works perfectly well on a slightly older version, I believe the commit ID started with 73df708.  IIRC, I stared seeing it when I upgraded to ModemManager b0fba14 (cli: allow multiple output format types), but could not determine the cause then either, so I just rolled back.

Has anyone seen this kind of activity in the logs before?  I think I have eliminated the modem itself as a possibility by restoring it to factory defaults.

Here is the modemmanager debug output from logread.
https://pastebin.com/5dPk9Wx5

Commits used --
libqmi: 	0f439dcf9fba85a5892574cfa906aa666e7f60bf
libmbim:	bff6abc1d7e424d7d594caba540ffe587fd0d723
ModemManager: 	397faef3c5ce9eb5274adc73d31bd8002dd28c21

Best,

Nicholas