Reconnection loop on latest git master

Aleksander Morgado aleksander at aleksander.es
Thu Dec 6 06:36:40 UTC 2018

Hey!

> I am testing the latest git masters for libqmi and Modem Manager on OpenWrt and observed some odd behavior that I cannot make heads or tails of.  I am seeing an issue where the connection is in a roughly two-second-long loop of connecting and immediately disconnecting.  It works perfectly well on a slightly older version, I believe the commit ID started with 73df708.  IIRC, I stared seeing it when I upgraded to ModemManager b0fba14 (cli: allow multiple output format types), but could not determine the cause then either, so I just rolled back.

Yes, this is my fault :)

The commits to implement the new key-value output in mmcli break the
parsing done in the openwrt integration scripts. The scripts need to
be updated to use the new key-value output in mmcli (i.e. running the
mmcli commands with -K).

For now, the last commit from git master that you can use in openwrt
with the current integration is
cafc40245d2007ad3a9a33875fc6b71d25e6a254.

Help to port the openwrt integration to use the new mmcli -K output is
welcome :D