OpenWRT Sierra EM7455 drops connection while driving

Peter Krause peter at uringme.com
Tue Dec 18 23:41:22 UTC 2018

Hi Nick,
I did try an /etc/init.d/modemmanager restart, and that didn't bring it back.  It had to be a full reboot of the router.  I haven't tried QMI yet with MM, but mbim is supposed to be more fault tolerant, I thought?
I haven't tried to drop the bearer and rebuild it, but I'm worried about downtime, and if someone is streaming, I'm worried that the connection will be reset every tower and break the stream.