Telit LE910 V2, cdc_ncm and systemd

Aleksander Morgado aleksander at aleksander.es
Fri Nov 9 16:55:33 UTC 2018

> I switched to MBIM protocol with AT#USBCFG=3, and used this script
> https://gist.github.com/SimonPe/0fd6ea6fa754aff88d5e to automatically
> configure wwan0 for evaluation purposes. Works like a charm :-)

I'm sure whoever wrote that script will like the new key-value output in
mmcli!

> Using mbim-network is not an option, because my modem does not support
> DHCP. But for production, I'll write a little program to interact with
> libmbim API and set the wwan0 configuration accordingly.

If you're working with ModemManager, there is no point in using
mbim-network, just let MM have the modem connected, and then manually apply
the settings exposed by MM in the bearer object, which is exactly what the
script above is doing.