AW: Telit LE910 V2, cdc_ncm and systemd

Stelling2 Carsten Carsten.Stelling2 at goerlitz.com
Mon Nov 12 09:38:02 UTC 2018

Hi,

Thank you for your confirmation.

Best regards,
Carsten

I switched to MBIM protocol with AT#USBCFG=3, and used this script https://gist.github.com/SimonPe/0fd6ea6fa754aff88d5e to automatically configure wwan0 for evaluation purposes. Works like a charm :-)

I'm sure whoever wrote that script will like the new key-value output in mmcli!

Using mbim-network is not an option, because my modem does not support DHCP. But for production, I'll write a little program to interact with libmbim API and set the wwan0 configuration accordingly.

If you're working with ModemManager, there is no point in using mbim-network, just let MM have the modem connected, and then manually apply the settings exposed by MM in the bearer object, which is exactly what the script above is doing.