[review] LTE attach config and status

Aleksander Morgado aleksander at aleksander.es
Tue Nov 27 16:33:24 UTC 2018

> Having this feature would be great, because I'm facing exactly this issue using SIM cards from the Vodafone GDSP platform in conjunction with Telit LE910-V2 modem.
> Using this kind of SIM always result in "registration denied". With the information provided by Telit this behavior is clear now.
> It is essential to have a default PDP context #1 with valid credentials to allow registration.
>
> I think a read only "InitialEpsBearer" is not sufficient. At least the credentials user and password must be configurable, to allow successful registration at the network.

The "InitialEpsBearer" is read-only because that shows the current
STATUS information. This is, the actual settings being used at the
moment, regardless of what you may have configured.

We then have a new read-only "InitialEpsBearerProperties" property
plus a new "SetInitialEpsBearerProperties" method that allow you to
change the CONFIG information, this is, the settings that the modem
requests to the network. This is probably what you were looking for.

Those 2 sets of information may be different, e.g. if the settings are
empty (UE doesn't request a explicit APN, so the network assigns a
default one) or if the settings don't apply (e.g. if UE has settings
for the home network but the module is roaming, so the network assigns
a different initial bearer settings than the ones requested).