[review] LTE attach config and status

Aleksander Morgado aleksander at aleksander.es
Tue Nov 27 16:37:46 UTC 2018

> 4  In 4G the 1 context (where default EPS bearer is created) generally does not require an APN, APN is required on other context to set up data sessions instead . In any case the rules are made by network operator

Unfortunately, I don't think that CID=1 is always the one that the
module expects to use as initial EPS bearer, that may depend on the
modem. So, if we were to add a logic that assumes "initial LTE bearer
settings are those in CID=1" then that would need to be tied to a
specific device.

Didn't Verizon require to use CID=4 for the same purpose in their
modems? (or something like that) @matthew stanger what was that about?
I recall a patch were we allowed specifying the CID to use explicitly
via Simple.Connect() for this very same purpose.