Openwrt with EM7455 connecting issue

Aleksander Morgado aleksander at aleksander.es
Wed Oct 3 07:18:11 UTC 2018

>        I am using OpenWrt 18.06.1 r7258-5eb055306f on linksys AC1900V2 router. EM7455 Generic firmware with M.2 usb enclosure and modemmanager 1.8.2. I followed instruction on your website to compile the package. But I can't get any connection. I have to issue 3 commands in order to get IP address(no internet though). Did I do something wrong during the compiling process? Thank you.
>
> mmcli -e -m 0
> mmcli -m 0 --create-bearer="apn=Broadband"
> mmcli -c -b 0

Only those steps alone won't give you a network connection. You may be
connecting the modem, but then you still need to setup the modem
network interface in your host. In OpenWRT we do this via a protocol
handler in netifd, installed along with the ModemManager package
(assuming you're using my openwrt packaging).

Read the steps described here on how to setup the modem to be
connected via netifd:
https://bitbucket.org/aleksander0m/modemmanager-openwrt/src/master/