Openwrt with EM7455 connecting issue

Aleksander Morgado aleksander at aleksander.es
Wed Oct 3 12:36:00 UTC 2018

Hey,

> The very first thing I do is follow your instructions. otherwise I don't even know where to start. Thanks for getting back to me.
> Here are the issues so far.
> 1. during the make menuconfig ,I am getting some warning. Does that matter?
>  WARNING: Makefile 'package/utils/busybox/Makefile' has a dependency on 'libpam', which does not exist
> WARNING: Makefile 'package/utils/busybox/Makefile' has a build dependency on 'libpam', which does not exist
> WARNING: Makefile 'package/network/utils/curl/Makefile' has a dependency on 'libgnutls', which does not exist
> WARNING: Makefile 'package/network/utils/curl/Makefile' has a dependency on 'libopenldap', which does not exist
> WARNING: Makefile 'package/network/utils/curl/Makefile' has a dependency on 'libidn2', which does not exist
> WARNING: Makefile 'package/network/utils/curl/Makefile' has a dependency on 'libssh2', which does not exist
> WARNING: Makefile 'package/boot/kexec-tools/Makefile' has a dependency on 'liblzma', which does not exist
> WARNING: Makefile 'package/network/services/lldpd/Makefile' has a dependency on 'libnetsnmp', which does not exist

Nah, all unrelated.

> 2. another post said I have to create another interface in the network with DHCP address. Is that true?

If you're using the netifd integration, you don't need to manually run
DHCP, netifd will do it if needed.

> 3. on your website. the step is  option device   '/sys/devices/platform/soc/20980000.usb/usb1/1-1/1-1.2/1-1.2.1'
> my number is different. it is f1058000.usb. should I change that?

Of course, yes. That path is the sysfs path of your device, tied to
your specific hardware, so you need to find which one is the sysfs
that applies to your device.

> 4  I am using MBIM right now with EM7455, maybe qmi is better option?

As long as you're using a recent enough kernel, both should be ok.