TOBY-L210 does not detected by ModemManager deamon at boot time

Baryshnikov, Maxim (Digiteq Automotive) Maxim.Baryshnikov at digiteqautomotive.com
Tue Oct 23 18:19:50 UTC 2018

Hello all,
            I'm struggling with the following issue. On my system, the ModemManager (1.8.2) cannot detect TOBY-L2 modem at boot time. I have allowed all "filter rules", but the situation is the same as for the default rules set. However, if I manually reset the modem with detaching it from the system (send AT+CFUN=16 to it), the ModemManager successfully detects it.
            ModemManager is compiled with --without-mbim and -without-qmi, but there should be no influence on detection, I guess..
            Do you have any ideas what to check to solve this? Is there something wrong with udev? Thank you in advance for any piece of information..
Kind regards,
Maxim Baryshnikov