TOBY-L210 does not detected by ModemManager deamon at boot time

Aleksander Morgado aleksander at aleksander.es
Mon Oct 29 08:48:24 UTC 2018

On 10/23/18 8:19 PM, Baryshnikov, Maxim (Digiteq Automotive) wrote:
> Hello all,
>             I'm struggling with the following issue. On my system, the ModemManager (1.8.2) cannot detect TOBY-L2 modem at boot time. I have allowed all "filter rules", but the situation is the same as for the default rules set. However, if I manually reset the modem with detaching it from the system (send AT+CFUN=16 to it), the ModemManager successfully detects it.
>             ModemManager is compiled with --without-mbim and -without-qmi, but there should be no influence on detection, I guess..
>             Do you have any ideas what to check to solve this? Is there something wrong with udev? Thank you in advance for any piece of information..
> Kind regards,

How are you sending AT+CFUN=16 to the modem while ModemManager is running? Please understand that no other program can be using the TTY port if you expect ModemManager to use it. Maybe you have a minicom session open while MM should be probing the port at the same time?

Without looking at the ModemManager debug log it's hard to say what's really happening. Could you get it?
https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/ModemManager/Debugging/