Where are you using ModemManager?

Ben Chan benchan at chromium.org
Fri Apr 5 19:13:22 UTC 2019

Chrome OS uses ModemManager + libmbim + libqmi for its cellular
connectivity stack and pretty much tracks the upstream master branches
-- it's still on my TODO to upstream our remaining local patches :)

Since Chromebook Pixel 2013 (LTE model), all Chromebooks with a
built-in modem uses ModemManager. And since late 2014, we've been
dropping AT in favor of MBIM or QMI.

 Speaking as a developer, I really appreciate the openness and
responsiveness of ModemManager maintainers :)