Where are you using ModemManager?

John Marrett johnf at zioncluster.ca
Sun Apr 14 13:27:48 UTC 2019

I can't get into much detail but I work on a number of different devices
with mobile connectivity. Up until recently these were OpenWRT devices
using AT interfaces and PPP for connectivity managed without MM. This
environment contains a few thousand devices on two different mobile
networks across Canada.

More recently (as you'll see from my activity on the list) I've been
working with other devices using Modem Manager for connectivity. In this
environment there are several thousand devices deployed internationally.

Modem Manager has worked quite well, the mailing list and support received
has been great .The level of support for libqmi provided by modem vendors
varies, they much prefer the use of their own custom stacks but will work
with you to a degree if you ask questions in the right way.

Thanks very much for all your help,

-JohnF