Help on an invalid modem case

Aleksander Morgado aleksander at aleksander.es
Wed Aug 12 11:33:39 UTC 2020

Hey Louis-Alexis,

> sorry for the delay, I was on holiday the past weeks.
> I've retrieved the "faulty" 3G modem device from my office. For information, the exact model is Huawei e352u-21 (other e352 variants I tested do not seem to provoke the issue).
>
> I did a more standard setup at home to reproduce it: a RPI3 with Raspbian, ModemManager compiled from sources and various system configuration tweaks to force broadband management.
> The setup also allowed me to verify that in CDC mode, it does not appear.
>
> If you need to do some debug or test a fix for any of the two bugs you opened, feel free to contact me privately to give you access to this setup.

Thanks for the access to your remote setup, that was very helpful.

I've prepared a branch with several changes, including a big
GETPORTMODE logic upgrade:
https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mobile-broadband/ModemManager/-/merge_requests/335

This branch should solve the issues you had in the E352, please
confirm. Also, if you can test the branch yourself with additional
Huawei devices, it would be nice (please grab debug logs while doing
so just in case).