Port forced closed after DEACT

Carlo Lobrano c.lobrano at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 12:44:44 UTC 2020

Hi,

I thought this should have been fixed in
> 5f29bd64de8127cb326488d68a2a2b64a45e1f45, but I don't see the relevant
> "PPP is required for connection, will ignore disconnection reports"
> message that should happen once the modem gets connected in PPP mode.
>
> If you have the setup with you, could you check why this message is
> not being logged?

that log is under the condition of ipv4/ipv6_config method being PPP, is it
the same method printed by print_bearer_info, right?

However, I see the log "Launching 3GPP connection attempt with APN ...", so
I expect that the rest of the call chain is called up to `dial_3gpp_ready`
which sets the method to PPP for AT ports. I still don't understand why the
"PPP is required" log does not show up.

In MM 1.12.8, I cannot also find the following message, which is in the log
instead (disclaimer, I have no access to the very same environment right
now)

"Found PDP context with CID 1 and PDP type ipv4v6 for APN 'internet'"

I guess it is a composed message, but even so, I cannot find it. Was it
maybe in an older version?