Correct connection sequence to maximize chances of e.g.: getting connected :)

Enrico Mioso mrkiko.rs at gmail.com
Sun May 3 22:06:09 UTC 2020

Hello Aleksander!!

Thank you again for your amazing ModemManager work!!

I would like to ask some advice for Voice calls handling.
I will at some point get a MMModemVoice to which I'll connect some GSignals to keep track of when new call objects are added and removed (e.g.: via mmcli).
My callbacks will be invoked with the MMModemVoice object as argument, and the const gchar path of the object itself.
Should I implement a search function where I get the calls list and search for the call with that path as object, like it's done for SMS here:
https://source.puri.sm:443/Librem5/purple-mm-sms

or is there another way to get a MMCall object directly? I remembered trying to get such an object various ways but didn't find the correct solution.

Second, I guess that the "marshallers" for these GSignals, like the ones for SMS messages, don't provide for a way to pass user_data around.
am I wrong? Should I recur to static variables in the C file ? Or is there a different possible solution?

Thank you very very much for your work, nd patience again.

Enrico