Sim change event

Zurab G zurab.net at gmail.com
Thu May 21 08:10:51 UTC 2020

Greetings ModemManager developers!
Can you please suggest what is best way to change SIM card when using mmcli?
My task is to execute some USSD codes on as many SIM cards as
possible, I tried to use script with --3gpp-ussd-initiate and
--3gpp-ussd-respond and it works, but I don't know how to change SIM
card as fast as possible.
Replugging device takes few minutes and it registers in the system as
new modem (2,3,4, etc.) every time.
--reset command has same drawbacks
Does that depend on hardware? I'm using huawei E3531 in stick mode.

I'm also interested if your software supports "router mode" usb
modems, I have qualcomm devices
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/483621882.html
But they don't work with mmcli.

Regards, Zurab