ModemManager crash with more than one call with Huawei E3131 Modem

Aleksander Morgado aleksander at aleksander.es
Fri May 22 09:04:12 UTC 2020

> > BTW- maybe something interesting is happening here:
> > [mrkiko at mStation ~]$ mmcli -o 44 --start
> > error: couldn't start the call: 'GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.ModemManager1.Error.Core.Failed: Couldn't start the call: Unhandled response '^CCALLSTATE: 1,4''
> >
> > but in reality call started anyway, without MM knowing it.
>
> Yep, I noticed that until now unknown URC; I've opened a bug to track
> it already:
> https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mobile-broadband/ModemManager/-/issues/216

I'm pushing a fix to ignore the URC for now, as I don't think I'll be
able to work on that before 1.14 is released. This fix should let you
at least handle the call state properly without that incorrect call
handling you noticed:
https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mobile-broadband/ModemManager/-/merge_requests/285