SEGFAULT with MM HEAD when probing

Bjørn Mork bjorn at mork.no
Wed Apr 21 21:45:10 UTC 2021

Elias Rudberg <mail at eliasrudberg.se> writes:

>> [6596]: <debug> [1619029470.853036] [ttyUSB0/qcdm] opening serial
> port...
>> [6596]: <debug> [1619029470.854109] [ttyUSB0/qcdm] device open count
> is 1 (open)
>> [6596]: <debug> [1619029470.854688] [cdc-wdm0/probe] probing QMI...
>>
>> Thread 1 "ModemManager" received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
>
> Not sure if this makes sense, but it's an idea anyway: could it be that
> wrong version of libqmi gets used somehow?
>
> You mentioned just changing to latest libqmi, maybe the old version is
> still around somehow and causes problems? Maybe check using ldd which
> libqmi is really used, and/or rebuild from scratch after double-
> checking that any old libqmi version is removed so that it can't pick
> the wrong one?

I simply updated the OpenWrt package makefiles to build newer versions,
so the distro packaging system should take care of such problems. In
theory.

But it's a good tip, and I've failed here before. I'll just clean
everything and build a whole new image to make absolutely sure there are
no remains of any old libraries or binaries anywhere.

Bjørn