UE Initiated Dedicated Bearer

Jack Broderick jbroderick at councilrock.com
Mon Apr 26 16:07:37 UTC 2021

Hello Giacinto,

On Mon, Apr 26, 2021 at 11:51 AM Giacinto Cifelli <gciofono at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello Jack,
>
> what is your modem?  Does it support secondary PDNs?

We are using the EM7411. Yes it does, we have also tested and verified that
with a Network Initiated dedicated bearer the same QOS we have requested
here was supported. Essentially the precedence of the dedicated bearer is
higher than the default @ QCI 2 and all traffic to port 5205 uses that
bearer. We used iperf sessions on different ports to show that when two
sessions used two different ports, say 5202 and 5203 they would split
traffic, when another session was initiated on port 5205 it would use all
of the bandwidth.

> And - mainly - does your subscription support the QOS that you have
> requested?

We are using an Amarisoft eNodeB, and according to the support folksour
configuration should support UE initiated dedicated bearers with the
configuration we have requested. We have been unable to verify this, but
theoretically it should work.

> Maybe you can switch to a more talkative error report, like AT+CMEE=2

That is another interesting note, AT+CMEE is set to 2 and there is not any
additional information in the error.

> Regards,
> Giacinto
>
> Thanks for the feedback!