Cinterion MV31-W modem support

ROSTANSKI Tomasz tomasz.rostanski at thalesgroup.com
Wed Aug 4 08:10:17 UTC 2021

Hi Aleksander,

The MV-31W comes in two variants - USB and PCIe.
The USB one, as far as I know, uses Cinterion VID.
The PCIe I have uses Thales VID, also Thales VID has been added to mhi driver in kernel, so I would assume for now the PCIe variant uses Thales VID while USB variant uses Cinterion VID.
I believe the modem is based on Qualcomm SDX55 chip.

Regards,
Tomasz