ModemManager 1.16

Aleksander Morgado aleksander at aleksander.es
Fri Jan 8 10:43:30 UTC 2021

Hey Teijo,

> There are some new features in MM master branch that we would like to
> take in production use in the near future. Are there any plans or
> schedules for MM 1.16 stable version release, so that we could adjust
> our plans accordingly?

I had quite some things scheduled in my TODO list for the next 1.16
release; e.g. the better handling of charsets during runtime (for
cases when the provided iconv() is limited), the Multi-SIM
Multi-Active support, and more importantly, the PCI support via MHI...
But unfortunately I don't have much spare time now, and the time I was
hoping to find during these past holidays has been literally
non-existent... The most important piece, the MHI support, depends on
the kernel bits, which are right now on the LKML queue for review, so
those may be integrated soon.

That said, we have quite some new things in git master already, and
it's time for a new stable, so I think I'll try to do that in the next
few weeks. If we can get the MHI bits in before that, perfect;
otherwise, they'll go to 1.16.2 whenever it is.

If any of you is also waiting for a new 1.16, please please test git
master as much as possible!