On a SIM7100A the PPPD connection fails (modem hangup) with nm-ppp-plugin, but a custom pppd script works

Geert Lens g.lens at livetech-systems.com
Tue Jun 1 13:23:41 UTC 2021

Hi Aleksander,

Thank you for your insights.

For now, we have solved the problem by clearing the first PDP context
using +CGDCONT and then forcing the modem to reregister to the network in
our connection script.
This way the modem uses the empty PDP context as the correct initial bearer
and we are able to connect via PPP.

However, I want to eventually use the new profile management APIs to set
the PDP context correctly. Just to make it more robust.
Looking forward to ModemManager v1.18 :)

Geert Lens