Does modemmanager work for EM7565 modem?

Thomas Schäfer tschaefer at t-online.de
Fri Jun 4 16:41:11 UTC 2021

Am Freitag, 4. Juni 2021, 18:00:22 CEST schrieb Muhammad Moeen Yaqoob:
> Hi there,
>
> Can anyone please confirm if modemmanager (w/ qmi_wwan driver) has been
> proven to work with SierraWireless EM7565 modem? If so, which version of
> modemmanager? and which version of the underlying Linux kernel is a
> prerequisite?

The modem works with all three major mobile providers in Germany in both modes
(qmi and mbim) and with IPv4 as well with IPv4/IPv6  and IPv6-only(telekom
only)

https://www.thomas--schaefer.de/surfstick-uebersicht-ipv6.html
https://www.thomas--schaefer.de/vodafone/em7565-qmi.txt
https://www.thomas--schaefer.de/vodafone/em7565-mbim.txt
https://www.thomas--schaefer.de/telefonica/em7565-qmi.txt
https://www.thomas--schaefer.de/telefonica/em7565-mbim.txt

The first (telekom) test is little bit older.

These tests were done with opensuse tumbleweed.   Unfortunately I did not log
the versions of kernel, mm and nm.

But in general it should work fine.

Thomas