Need help troubleshooting Quectel EG25 modem in Pine64 Pinephone

Aleksander Morgado aleksander at aleksander.es
Wed Jun 9 08:55:46 UTC 2021

Hey

> > If Roaming is enabled, the modem will check to see if it is able to
> > roam on any other carriers.  In your case the O2 network is marked as
> > "forbidden" and so it seems that you don't have an O2 SIM ... or it's
> > not active or  something strange is going on.
>
> Yes, I find it highly fascinating. I'm pretty sure it's an O2 SIM,
> otherwise I've been scammed.

Can you run "AT+CGDCONT?" with minicom (or otherwise, running
ModemManager with --debug and then mmcli --command="AT+CGDCONT?")

Can you run these qmicli commands?
qmicli -p -d /dev/cdc-wdm0 --wds-get-profile-list=3gpp
qmicli -p -d /dev/cdc-wdm0 --wds-get-lte-attach-pdn-list

If your SIM card is O2 but the registration in the O2 network is not
working, it may still be the initial EPS bearer settings, I think you
should focus on debugging that.