Unknown behaviour when signal quality is poor

Alejandro Vega alexvega48 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 30 07:54:59 UTC 2021

Hello,
I have some doubts after checking your response:

> receive / be aware of sim removal notifications.

> modems ?  I am not sure if our system will support the latest MM release.
> https://github.com/freedesktop/ModemManager/blob/master/NEWS#L111
> >>>

> >>You can try with 1.16.0 or 1.16.2, yes.

As I am using Yocto and it seems it just supports MM until 1.12.12 I
believe I will need to wait to use this functionality with QMI.

> network-initiated

> received when modem gets disconnected ? Is it a "Disconnected" notification
> or just a transition from "Connected" to "Registered" ?
> >>>

> >>If using the MBIM protocol, what you receive upon a network-initiated
> >>disconnection would be a "Notification" of type "Connect" (that's just
> >>the message name) in the "Basic Connect" service specifying that the
> >>"activation state" field is "deactivated"
> >>
> >>See
> https://www.freedesktop.org/software/libmbim/libmbim-glib/latest/libmbim-glib-Basic-Connect.html#mbim-message-connect-notification-parse

My modem (EM7455) is using MBIM protocol but I am controlling it with Modem
Manager, not with mbim-glib.
Question here: Does this imply that I need to use mbim-glib to be aware of
these notifications ? Is it not possible to be aware of this notifications
via ModemManager High-level API ?
https://www.freedesktop.org/software/ModemManager/doc/latest/libmm-glib/

Thank you.

--