Unknown behaviour when signal quality is poor

Aleksander Morgado aleksander at aleksander.es
Mon Mar 29 08:39:52 UTC 2021

Hey,

>> > Didn't we already add the SIM removal notifications in QMI modems?
>> > Have you tried with ModemManager git master recently?
>>

> Since which version are SIM removal notifications active for QMI modems ?  I am not sure if our system will support the latest MM release.
> Is it ModemManager 1.16.0 ? https://github.com/freedesktop/ModemManager/blob/master/NEWS#L111

You can try with 1.16.0 or 1.16.2, yes.

>> > No, but you would get "Basic Connect" "Connect" "Notification"
>> > messages, or at least that's what should happen when network-initiated
>> > disconnections happen.
>

> I am not sure I understand this correctly, what is the notification received when modem gets disconnected ? Is it a "Disconnected" notification or just a transition from "Connected" to "Registered" ?

If using the MBIM protocol, what you receive upon a network-initiated
disconnection would be a "Notification" of type "Connect" (that's just
the message name) in the "Basic Connect" service specifying that the
"activation state" field is "deactivated"

See https://www.freedesktop.org/software/libmbim/libmbim-glib/latest/libmbim-glib-Basic-Connect.html#mbim-message-connect-notification-parse