problems with QMI dual stack connections from MM - works with qmicli

Bjørn Mork bjorn at mork.no
Sat May 1 09:28:33 UTC 2021

Aleksander Morgado <aleksander at aleksander.es> writes:

>> So maybe you'll have better luck using profiles.
>
> Oh, how convenient, if only we had the ability to connect using
> specific existing profile ids with ModemManager... :D (it's already in
> git master!)

Yes, I will find some time to retest the modem with that auto-SIM stuff
enabled, using the new MM profile stuff.  But it looks like you should
be able to verify it with any X55 modem.

Thanks for sharing that, Daniele. The theory that this is somehow
related to the modem profile management makes a lot of sense. I find it
very likely that this conflicts with Quectel's automatic profile
creation, so the everything adds up.

If this is a common X55 (or even wider Qualcomm?) problem, then maybe MM
should enforce the profile usage?  Or is that baking too much policy
into MM?

Bjørn