[RFC] Keeping send-delay for all RS232 ttys only?

Aleksander Morgado aleksander at aleksander.es
Mon May 3 22:34:22 UTC 2021

Hey Dan & all,

The send-delay property allows us to send the characters in an AT
command one by one, with some delay in between them. Right now the
default configuration of the send-delay property is 100ms unless
explicitly disabled, as it's done in several plugins.

I'm wondering whether it makes sense to keep this logic as it is, or
change the defaults a bit; e.g. we could keep the logic for plain
RS232 modems but assume that all USB/PCI modems will be fine without
the send delay.

What do you all think?

P.S. this comes in the context of this bug, which to me is due to a
firmware issue or limitation, but anyway:
https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mobile-broadband/ModemManager/-/issues/354