Snapdragon X55 (Thinkpad X1 Nano w/5G Modem)

Bjørn Mork bjorn at mork.no
Tue May 11 08:17:42 UTC 2021

Aleksander Morgado <aleksander at aleksander.es> writes:

> I have a draft setup to test the commands provided in the custkit
> tool, but never made it work I'm afraid:
> https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/aleksm/libqmi/-/tree/aleksander/dell-cuskit
>
> That branch introduces a new qmicli --dms-dell-cuskit-unlock=[XX]
> command, where XX is a uint8 value (00-255). I was able to play with a
> locked SDX20 with that command but could never make it work. Don't
> know if you'll be able to do the same?

I assume you snooped the request on Windows while using the Dell Windows
tool?  Was the original code some arbitrary byte, or something that
could map to boolean with a bit of imagination?  Like 0, 1 or 0xff?

And this tool is a run-once thing, just sending a single QMI request to
permanetly unlock the module?  Or does it have to run on every boot/hard
reset?

Bjørn