Snapdragon X55 (Thinkpad X1 Nano w/5G Modem)

Aleksander Morgado aleksander at aleksander.es
Tue May 11 08:21:43 UTC 2021

Hey,

> > I have a draft setup to test the commands provided in the custkit
> > tool, but never made it work I'm afraid:
> > https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/aleksm/libqmi/-/tree/aleksander/dell-cuskit
> >
> > That branch introduces a new qmicli --dms-dell-cuskit-unlock=[XX]
> > command, where XX is a uint8 value (00-255). I was able to play with a
> > locked SDX20 with that command but could never make it work. Don't
> > know if you'll be able to do the same?
>
> I assume you snooped the request on Windows while using the Dell Windows
> tool?  Was the original code some arbitrary byte, or something that
> could map to boolean with a bit of imagination?  Like 0, 1 or 0xff?
>
> And this tool is a run-once thing, just sending a single QMI request to
> permanetly unlock the module?  Or does it have to run on every boot/hard
> reset?

A user with a Dell laptop running the tool was able to get a capture,
and in the capture the byte was 0x00 IIRC. What I don't know is
whether that capture had all it needed to have or whether it was run
once it was already unlocked. Maybe the re-unlock operation runs it
with 0x00 but the original unlock operation requires some additional
command beforehand, no idea. If someone has a new Dell laptop with a
locked DW5821e and Windows, please let us know :)