AW: text mode SMS

Ralf Glaser glaser at iotmaxx.de
Mon Nov 15 09:15:28 UTC 2021

Hi,

after further investigation i finally found the problem. First of all you are perfectly right text/pdu mode is not the issue here. The actual issue was that mmcli sends SMS from a file in 8-bit encoding while message text given on the command line is send in 7-bit encoding.
The recipient selects AT+CSCS="GSM" and the modem in use (don't know which one it is) then falls back to AT+CSCS="HEX" automatically which at first glance looked like a PDU mode SMS in the log files.

Is there an option to select the character encoding when using mmcli?

Best regards,
Ralf