Lenovo/Foxconn Snapdragon X55 connection issues w/ newer firmware versions

Thilo-Alexander Ginkel thilo at ginkel.com
Sun Nov 28 18:11:44 UTC 2021

Hi Aleksander,

On Sun, Nov 28, 2021 at 6:50 PM Aleksander Morgado <aleksander at aleksander.es>
wrote:

> Since MM 1.18.4 the FCC unlock operation needs to be explicitly
> configured by the user, did you do that already, or is this issue
> happening even after doing that?
>
> https://modemmanager.org/docs/modemmanager/fcc-unlock/#fcc-unlock-procedures-in-modemmanager--1184-1

I configured the FCC unlock in MM as per the instructions you mentioned:

$ ll /etc/ModemManager/fcc-unlock.d
total 4,0K
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 56 Nov 28 11:05 105b:e0ab ->
/usr/share/ModemManager/fcc-unlock.available.d/105b:e0ab

v48 will start working afterwards, v51 won't (logs I provided are w/ FCC
unlock configured).

Thanks,
Thilo