Lenovo/Foxconn Snapdragon X55 connection issues w/ newer firmware versions

Aleksander Morgado aleksander at aleksander.es
Sun Nov 28 20:09:11 UTC 2021

Hey

> On Sun, Nov 28, 2021 at 6:50 PM Aleksander Morgado <aleksander at aleksander.es> wrote:
>>
>> Since MM 1.18.4 the FCC unlock operation needs to be explicitly
>> configured by the user, did you do that already, or is this issue
>> happening even after doing that?
>> https://modemmanager.org/docs/modemmanager/fcc-unlock/#fcc-unlock-procedures-in-modemmanager--1184-1
>

> I configured the FCC unlock in MM as per the instructions you mentioned:
>
> $ ll /etc/ModemManager/fcc-unlock.d
> total 4,0K
> lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 56 Nov 28 11:05 105b:e0ab -> /usr/share/ModemManager/fcc-unlock.available.d/105b:e0ab
>
> v48 will start working afterwards, v51 won't (logs I provided are w/ FCC unlock configured).

So it may really be that they've changed the unlock method already :/
Are you able to flash back v48, or is the downgrade path not possible?
My firmware version in the SDX55 I have is T99W175.F0.0.0.5.8.TF.007.

Could you run this just to confirm?
$ sudo qmicli -d /dev/wwan0mbim0 -p --dms-foxconn-set-fcc-authentication=0 -v

Regarding the lenovo-wwan-dpr in https://snapcraft.io/lenovo-wwan-dpr,
does it help to unlock the module in the newer firmware versions?