Signal quality not updated with Quectel EG25 through QMI

Frederic Martinsons frederic.martinsons at sigfox.com
Fri Oct 1 10:07:51 UTC 2021

> If you cannot physically remove the antenna for the testing, can you
> at least move the modem around? You may also enable the extended
> signal interface with e.g. a 10s rate and see if the reported RSSI
> values change across the thresholds you configured. The key to
> understand is whether we can see the indications arriving when the
> values cross the threholds.

Hardly, the modem is not plugged on a laptop but on an embedded machine that is slightly heavy (and connected with other things), but it makes think that I may test the modem on my own computer to see what we got (my computer run an ubuntu 20.04 which ships ModemManager 1.16.6 like my target machine but with libqmi 1.28.6, good coincidence thus not exactly my target config), I'll try that this afternoon.

> Maybe switching to the signal info indications (as per the
> "newest QMI commands" logic) would make more sense, that is something
> that could also be investigated.

Do you mean by that I should try on my target machine with a patched ModemManager where WITH_NEWEST_QMI_COMMANDS is enabled ?