Signal quality not updated with Quectel EG25 through QMI

Aleksander Morgado aleksander at aleksander.es
Fri Oct 1 22:15:51 UTC 2021

On Fri, Oct 1, 2021 at 5:15 PM Frederic Martinsons
<frederic.martinsons at sigfox.com> wrote:

> I just tested to grow the threasholds_data to have better granularity (I used { -90, -80, -70, -60, -58, -56, -54, -52, -50 } ) and like the comment in the code said, my modem didn't like is 😉
>
> I got a "couldn't enable signal strength indications: 'QMI protocol error (19): 'ArgumentTooLong''"

Hah, I warned you.

> But, this seems to have enable the polling of signal info and I got what I wanted in the first place (a value updated very 30s) even if the signal rssi doesn't change (stay at -58 dBm).

That's the fallback mechanism, yes. When enabling the indications
fails, we fallback to the scheduled polling logic.

> I'm wondering if there is a way to cleanly enable polling and don't rely on signal indicator (but this will go against the logic).

Not right now, but I guess we could have a ID_MM_XX udev tag to allow
users to say that we shouldn't rely on the QMI indications and instead
always poll every 30s.