Supported 5G modems

Hugo Osvaldo Barrera hugo at whynothugo.nl
Sat Mar 5 17:13:12 UTC 2022

On Fri, 4 Mar 2022, at 17:46, Aleksander Morgado wrote:
> Hey
>

>> I'm looking for a supported 5G USB modem.
>> The wiki[1] doesn't list any, but the wiki also only mentioned 3G and 4G being supported, so I guess it's out of date.
>>
>> Searching online has yielded no results. Any suggestions?
>>

> Any Qualcomm SDX55 based module should work fine: e.g. Sierra Wireless
> EM9191/EM9190, Telit FN980/FN980m, Foxconn T99W175...
> Intel 5G modems will also work fine, but I'm not sure there is anyone
> out there yet.
>

> --
> Aleksander
> https://aleksander.es

Hi,

Thanks for the pointers. I figured out I can make M.2 work, but from what
I see, these have an eSIM, and I'm not sure they have a regular [nano]sim
slot. Doesn't this imply that I cannot simply put a SIM card that my ISP
gives me?

I'm actually looking for something to connect to my regular (mobile) ISP by
slipping in a SIM card. I don't think these are right for that, are they?

Thanks,

--
Hugo Osvaldo Barrera