Sierra WP7607 doesn't register

Vladimír Beneš vbenes at redhat.com
Thu May 12 11:39:31 UTC 2022

Heya,
story continues,
we have reset the initial-apn but the behavior stays the same

modem in enabled, it goes to registered from time to time but it's
really fragile

oh, now it's in registered state (log in mm2.log)

but more often it's just in enabled and cannot be registered via
mmcli -m 8 --3gpp-register-home (log in mm.log)

is there anything we can do about it? We have yateBTS LTE labKIT BTS
and sierra 7455 registers just fine. These problems are affecting
sierra 7608/7607 on mangOH board.

firmwares updated to latest.

ok, when in registered let's create a nmcli gsm profile for it and up
it.

nmcli  connection add type gsm  ifname cdc-wdm0 apn ' ' con-name gsm
state: searching again and no luck (log in mm3.log)

could you see anything wrong in general there?

Took a basic photo of BTS config, in attachment too.

Thank you so much!
Vladimir