Registration wait timeout

Aleksander Morgado aleksandermj at chromium.org
Fri Oct 21 08:04:47 UTC 2022

Hey,

> just to be clear, this is what I'm referring to:
> https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mobile-broadband/ModemManager/-/blob/ec28c85a6a29e819266c4fb167e4defe9a2a33d9/src/mm-iface-modem-simple.c#L186
>
> What would you suggest setting this to? Should this value be retrieved
> via the modem's interface so it can be dynamically set by the modem model?

Configuring such a timeout per modem model doesn't make sense, this is
a timeout that could be configured in the same way for all modems. 60s
may not be long enough, maybe we could have something like 180s or
something like that. The idea is that a Simple.Connect() attempt can
take a long time to complete, and the user is aware of that, and if
the user doesn't want to wait for the completion, the attempt can be
aborted (e.g. by calling Simple.Disconnect()), although that has some
issues that I'm trying to fix these days :)