ModemManger behaves strange

Vanja Žerić vanja.zeric at ttcontrol.com
Wed Jan 11 08:10:20 UTC 2023

Hello everyone,

I am working with some USB Connectivity Module and I am using ModemManager to get status of SIM PIN. When I am using C app that is using ModemManager library and when I extract status of SIM PIN, I am getting that SIM requires PIN2 (MM_MODEM_LOCK_SIM_PIN2), but when I send AT command I am getting that SIM is READY, that means that SIM is unlocked. SIM is connected correctly, but it seems only that message is wrong.
After calling test app:
[cid:image001.png at 01D9259B.CD31ECA0]
After calling AT command:
[cid:image002.png at 01D9259B.CD31ECA0]
I am getting correct PIN status messages if SIM requires PIN or PUK, I tested it, but when I send correct PIN, SIM connects, but PIN status message is that SIM requires PIN2.

This is how I am extracting the status:
This is prototype of my function:
[cid:image003.png at 01D9259C.4777A6D0]
This is how I extract status in that function:
[cid:image004.png at 01D9259C.8695F240]
Hal_modem_pin_status_enum convert MM PIN status to my enum...

Does anyone has any idea?

Best regars,
Vanja Zeric
CONFIDENTIALITY: The contents of this e-mail are confidential and intended only for the above addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, or the person responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, copying or delivering it to anyone else or using it in any unauthorized manner is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you receive this e-mail by mistake, please notify the sender and the systems administrator at straymail at tttech.com immediately.