modem terminates call when accepted remotely

Héctor Jiménez Méndez hector.jimenez.m at gmv.com
Thu Mar 23 13:03:35 UTC 2023

Hi, Alex, thanks for your quick answer.
Nice to know you worked at Elecnor/Deimos Space 😊

This is definitely a bug to fix. That transition to "terminated" shouldn't happen when the callee picks up the call. Can you get MM debug logs while reproducing the issue? Also, is this using AT or QMI?
Two logs are attached: one with transition from ringing-out to active and another with the wrong state transition (ringing-out -> terminated).
At first sight I couldn’t find any significative trace to explain this behavior, I hope you can get some related info in them.

1.18 or 1.20 you mean I guess. Either way, the solution is to avoid getting into that wrong terminated state I think.
Could be due to some update in recent versions. We did include the call list management logic as well as the waiting call setup logic. Maybe some of that is not working as expected in your Sierra modem.
We updated another device to 1.12 ModemManager version and we still cannot reproduce this issue in that device (our software is using “mm_modem_voice_hangup_all_sync” and compiling well against 1.12 ModemManager version), so we still cannot say wether it’s a hardware related issue or not. We will continue testing and any interesting information or logs we get will be provided to this mail list.

Thank you!

[Logo]<https://www.gmv.com/>
Héctor Jiménez Méndez
Firmware engineer