Quectel RM520N-GL QMI InvalidOperation starting network

Luke Granger-Brown lukegb at lukegb.com
Tue Oct 10 13:16:11 UTC 2023

On Thu, Oct 5, 2023 at 12:53 PM Aleksander Morgado
<aleksandermj at chromium.org> wrote:

> Hey Luke
>
> Maybe it's something related to the initial 3GPP EPS bearer settings
> vs the data connection settings? Are you using "everywhere" as APN and
> IP type IPv4-only in the connection setup?

I was wondering about that; I played with the initial bearer config a
little bit to see what would happen, but nothing seemed to change the
symptoms I was seeing. I'll try to grab some logs from the modem but
the Quectel tooling is always a bit funky and I don't know if I have
any Windows devices I can drop this in to grab the modem logs... My
laptop, maybe, but that's probably suffering from acute Dell vendor
lockin.

I've been using v4v6 for the connection setup, but the entire NM
configuration is "just" (and yeah, this worked previously)

[connection]
id=EE
uuid=f4c3ad45-d4a3-44ee-b29f-af10b5974d22
type=gsm

[gsm]
apn=everywhere

[ipv4]