FM350-GL (installed in ThinkPad P1 Gen 5)

Bjørn Mork bjorn at mork.no
Mon Sep 11 12:44:50 UTC 2023

Thilo-Alexander Ginkel <thilo at ginkel.com> writes:

> By coincidence I spotted [2]. Could that be related? Both modems are
> manufactured by Fibocom.

Not sure.  You're not using the proxy, are you?

But you could also try with the proxy.  Some USB devices aren't
expecting clients to come and go while the MBM session is open.
I have no idea if that's relevant to PCI, but worth testing.

> P.S.: The challenge always being zero is also somewhat suspicious - I
> haven't been able to perform a successful unlock so far.

Yes. Something is obviously missing here.  Maybe the firmware expects
this only at a certain point in the session (like immediately after
OPEN)?  Or maybe we're decoding it wrong?  Did you look at th debug
dump?  Or maybe the firmware wants some reqeust parameter it doesn't
get?

Is this problem the same with the official Lenovo unlock tool and
scripts?

Bjørn