Can ModemManager connect to multiple PDUs networks?

Radu C rcernea at gmail.com
Wed Jan 24 20:31:25 UTC 2024

HI,

Thank you for your answer. This works, indeed, and it is the information I
was looking for. However, I have a follow-up question:

When using the multiplex property, a virtual interface called mbimmux<modem
dbus id>.<vlan id> is created.

Is it possible to control the interface name and the VLAN ID used for this
interface? This would be useful for having a consistent/simple routing
configuration in the system. For example if the modem is being reset, the
virtual interface name will change as well. Having a predefined name for
the virtual interface might be easier.

Thank you,
Radu