[MPRIS] Docbook format

Alex Merry kde at randomguy3.me.uk
Sun Feb 5 01:57:02 PST 2012

Our current documentation-generating tools are based on those of
telepathy.  They only allow html output (because the source document
contains odd bits of html) and the tooling makes use of a non-standard
Python module, Cheetah Templates.

I've added a "docbook" branch to the repo.  It generates docbook, and
from that html, using only xsl.  The code is mostly stolen from
secret-service, with several fixes and improvements.

It's not as pretty as the telepathy output was, but it does the job, and
a bit of fiddling with stylesheets and xsl could go a long way.

The spec can no longer be used "raw" for introspection, but "make" will
generate an introspection file full of EggDBus annotations generated
from the telepathy introspection extensions (I intend to add QtDBus
annotations as well at some point).

The impetus for this was that we don't fit into the system that is used
to auto-generate the xdg specification web pages from the git repos.
This new tooling should allow that.

Thoughts?

Alex

PS: sorry if any of you get this twice: sent it to the wrong list the
first time.