[MPRIS] Docbook format

Mirsal Ennaime mirsal at videolan.org
Sun Feb 5 06:22:06 PST 2012

Hello,

On Sun, 2012-02-05 at 09:57 +0000, Alex Merry wrote:
> Our current documentation-generating tools are based on those of
> telepathy.  They only allow html output (because the source document
> contains odd bits of html) and the tooling makes use of a non-standard
> Python module, Cheetah Templates.
>
> I've added a "docbook" branch to the repo.  It generates docbook, and
> from that html, using only xsl.  The code is mostly stolen from
> secret-service, with several fixes and improvements.

Well done !

> It's not as pretty as the telepathy output was, but it does the job, and
> a bit of fiddling with stylesheets and xsl could go a long way.
>
> The spec can no longer be used "raw" for introspection, but "make" will
> generate an introspection file full of EggDBus annotations generated
> from the telepathy introspection extensions (I intend to add QtDBus
> annotations as well at some point).

Maybe we should ship the output of the introspection target either as
part of the git repository or somewhere accessible through HTTP
(mpris.org or fdo). I'm mostly concerned about the build system
dependencies which are quite a large download (at least on debian)

I'm facing that issue right now as I am at FOSDEM and the wireless
network is very slow here.

> Thoughts?

The changes look good to me, though I have not yet tested them as I'm
still downloading new dependencies.

All the best,