[Networkmanager] Question about new param in libnm-core

Wardzala, Dominik Dominik.Wardzala3 at harman.com
Fri May 26 09:33:44 UTC 2023

Hello Beniamino,
   Thank you for your answer.

I checked and nmcli is rebuilt. I will try to find out why it's happened.
I will inform you if I find something.
I will appreciate if you share anything you may find helpful in my case.

Regards,
Dominik
Od: Beniamino Galvani <bgalvani at redhat.com>
Wysłane: 25 maja 2023 11:56
Do: Wardzala, Dominik
DW: networkmanager at lists.freedesktop.org; Skowronski, Arkadiusz; Blazejewicz, Magdalena
Temat: [EXTERNAL] Re: [Networkmanager] Question about new param in libnm-core

On Thu, May 25, 2023 at 07:27:22AM +0000, Wardzala, Dominik wrote:
> Hello NetworkManager team,
>    I need to add new parameter called acs to libnm-core, which is required in our project, because of custom firmware.
>
> I will do this locally without modifying main path.
> I use version 1.36.6 as a base.
> This new param should be similar to
>
> #define NM_SETTING_WIRELESS_HIDDEN "hidden"
>
> from src/libnm-core-public/nm-setting-wireless.h.
> I also added getter, PROP, and define it in src/libnm-core-impl/nm-setting-wireless.c using
>
> _nm_setting_property_define_direct_boolean
>
> The problem I faced is when I tried to modify it or read it with nmcli c commands.
> Then I got errors:
>
> (process:17887): nm-CRITICAL **: 09:17:23.837: file src/libnmc-setting/nm-meta-setting-desc.c: line 738 (<dropped>): should not be reached
> (process:17887): nm-CRITICAL **: 09:17:23.837: file src/libnmc-setting/nm-meta-setting-desc.c: line 47 (<dropped>): should not be reached
> (process:17887): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: 09:17:23.837: g_object_get_is_valid_property: object class 'NMSettingWireless' has no property named 'acs'
>
> I suppose that something is still missing on nmcli side, but I don't have idea what it might be.
> Could you advise how to add any new param to be changeable by nmcli?
>
> I provide diff file with my patch. If any other information should be provided I do this.

Hi, I don't see anything wrong with your patch. Please make sure that
nmcli is rebuilt to properly include the changes in libnm-core.

Beniamino