RedHat /Implicit/default connection(s)

Thomas HUMMEL thomas.hummel at pasteur.fr
Fri Apr 26 11:15:20 UTC 2024

On 4/26/24 12:43, Thomas Haller wrote:

> Don't think about DHCP in the first step.

You're right, some profile would need to preexist.

I can rule out persistent info in /run as by nature my nodes are
stateless so nothing gets persisted.

Actually from notes I took from a previous thread here long time ago I
understood that profile auto-creation could happen in the following cases:

1. some blutooth and wifi cases
2. eth device non matched by no-auto-default : temporary profile (the
but with mac recorded somewhere in order not to re-create it if temp
profile is deleted
3. externally configured deviced : not managed but a profile gets
created to reflect this external state
4. if someone issues a device connect and no matching profile is found :
this case beeing considerd a "false" autoactivation as it was initiated
somehow by the client.

I think:

2. is the Wired #1 case ?
3. would match for instance a device manually configured by ip add <dev>
command for instance and NM corresponding auto-created profile would be
named with the interface name, not System <int> ?
4. What would be the profile name ?
So, if I sum up, I could see no case where a profile named
icfg-<interface-name> would be autocreated by NM, correct ?

I have as you say to increase log level now to sort it out

Thanks for your help

--
TH