RedHat /Implicit/default connection(s)

Thomas HUMMEL thomas.hummel at pasteur.fr
Mon Apr 29 16:33:53 UTC 2024

On 4/26/24 13:15, Thomas HUMMEL wrote:

> You're right, some profile would need to preexist.

It seems that the 'System <interface>' naming scheme comes from an
ifcf-<interface> file which is omitting the 'NAME=' field.

I still don't understand what is creating this ifcfg-<int> from an empty
image NM-profile-wise.

dracut --list-modules outputs both legacy and NM modules so I'm not sure
(and don't know how to check it) which one is actually called.

Besides, my understanding is that either way, some parameters (like at
least dhcp) would need to be passed on cmdline. So unless iPXE is able
to do that (appending network config to cmdline) I still quite confused.

Thanks for your help

--
Thomas HUMMEL