RedHat /Implicit/default connection(s)

Thomas HUMMEL thomas.hummel at pasteur.fr
Mon Apr 29 17:10:02 UTC 2024

On 4/29/24 18:33, Thomas HUMMEL wrote:

> I still don't understand what is creating this ifcfg-<int> from an empty
> image NM-profile-wise.

Actually I found it this time : there is a script in initialramdisk's
/usr/sbin which indeed created the ifcfg-<int> profile with only
(DEVICE/BOOTPROTO/HWADDR/ONBOOT and no "NAME"

So my theory at this point is the following :

1. initrd creates the ifcfg-enp33s0f0 profile (BOOTPROTO == dhcp)
2. initrd NM sees the active profile
3. swith_root deletes the file while emptying initial rootfs
4. (this is expected) a postscript of provisioning software installs
another ifcfg- profile for enp33s0f0 with a higher autoconnect priority
: I guess this would be enough for NM to switch profile or does the
poscript have to take the connection down before autoconnect of the
other profile can occur ?

Still it does not explain where the Wired Wired Connection
/run/NetworkManager/system-connections/default_connection.nmconnection
  could come from as, I as said earlier my understanding is that, for NM
to do anything in initrd mode, it must have some cmdline to parse (which
I don't see)...

--
TH